Join the Quotables NaNoWriMo Club!
NaNoWriMo is short for National Novel Writing Month. Taking place across the world in all 24 time-zones, the goal is to write a 50,000 word novel by midnight on 30th November. That’s 1,667 words per day!
Take a gander at this useful little ‘NaNoWriMo in a Nutshell‘ for more info.
Now that you’re all up to speed, Quotables invites you, NaNoWriMo-ers, to join the Quotables NaNoWriMo Club. You’ll receive a daily motivational writing quote direct to your inbox (you can even choose the time of day!). Members who ‘win’ (complete their novel) will get sent a beautifully printed up booklet of the 30 quotes to keep forever!
**Sign up over here. (it just takes a few seconds & we promise to never spam you!)**
If you live near Glasgow, you can even come along to our Quotables NaNoWriMo Write In, with free coffee and toasties for all – details coming soon.
To get those creative juices flowing, we’ve handpicked a nice little top 10 quotables to kick-start your month of writing… good luck!
1. Write the book you want to read.
— Chuck Palahniuk
3. The best time to plan a book is while you are doing the dishes.
— Agatha Christie
5. Writing is like having a poo. You can’t force it.
— Graham Linehan
7. I think a writer’s life is the ideal life.
— P. G. Wodehouse
8. You must write every single day of your life… You must lurk in libraries and climb the stacks like ladders to sniff books like perfumes and wear books like hats upon your crazy heads… may you be in love every day for the next 20,000 days. And out of that love, remake a world.
— Ray Bradbury
9. When you’re writing a book, it’s rather like going on a very long walk, across valleys and mountains and things […] The highest mountain on the walk is obviously the end of the book, because it’s got to be the best view of all, when everything comes together and you can look back and see that everything you’ve done all ties up. But it’s a very, very long, slow process.
— Roald Dahl